The Raleigh Studios is the longest continuously operating studio. It all began in February 1915 when the Famous Players Fiction Studios filmed on the lot. The following July, William H. Clune purchased the 40 acres of land along the south side of Melrose Avenue between Bronson Avenue and Western Street. He built a sound stage with a glass roof, still in existance as Stage 3 on the current property.
After the formation of United Artists (by Douglas Fairbanks, Mary Pickford, D. W. Griffith, and Charlie Chaplin), the Douglas Fiarbanks Productions moved onto the lot in June 1919. Among other films, "Mark of Zorro" and "The Three Musketeers" were lensed there.
In 1922, CBC/Waldorf Comedies (later to be renamed as Columbia Pictures) resided on the lot, followed by United Studios in 1924. In 1926, Tec-Art Studios, Inspiration Pictures, Colorart Corp., Lillian and Dorothy Gish Productions, and Richard Barthelmess Productions resided on the lot. In 1927, "Ramona" was lensed on the lot. In 1931, Walt Disney used the Tec-Art Studio for his Mickey Mouse shorts.
In 1934, Prudential Studios took over the studio ("Hopalong Cassidy" and "Black Fox" were filmed there), while in 1941, Harry Sherman signed an exclusive contract to lease the studio. A new name appeared: California Studios.
In 1946, the name of the studio changed to Enterprise Studios, but with the bankruptcy of that studio, the lot was once again known as the California Studios. Many television shows utilized the lot during this time, such as " Life of Riley", " Cisco Kid", "Superman", "Gunsmoke", "Have Gun, Will Travel", and "Perry Mason".
Sometime in the 1960's, the lot's name again changed. This time to the Producer's Studio.
In 1979, Raleigh Enterprises purchased the property and renamed the studio Raleigh Film and Television Studios.
In 1982, a master plan was developed that included the addition of three sound stages (most likely built where the backlot sets stood).
The original address for the studio was 650 N. Bronson.