SILVERTOWN

After filming on "Arizona Stagecoach" was completed in 1942, Ray "Crash" Corrigan began construction of a western town which he named "Silvertown". The original buildings were added on the south side of what would become the Silvertown street, constructed heading eastward from Corrigan's ranch house and using the ranch barn as part of the set . A partially constructed view of the town at this early time period can be found in Law of the Saddle (1943). The town as we generally know it was completed in the mid-1950's, with the final building, the sound stage.

Hopetown
Silvertown in 1965, Corrigan's former home shown right rear
(from the personal collection of James E. Hankins)

Corriganville
Performers: Randy Howell, the kid in the street; Monty Laird on horseback;
Bill Willingham on boardwalk talking to Linda Layton and Vicky Swaim

(from the author's collection)

Silvertown
Aerial view of Silvertown during the late 1950's
(from the author's collection)

Silvertown
Scenic panoramic view of Silvertown taken on January 17, 1954
by Larry Parson, Corriganville Photographer

Corriganville
Silvertown (photo supplied by Minard Coons)

Corriganville
Silvertown/Ray Corrigan on horseback (photo supplied by Minard Coons)

Corriganville
First barn built on the property,
begun in 1937 and finished in 1939 - photographed in 1938
(photo supplied by Minard Coons)

Corriganville
Second barn built on the property, photo out of focus, taken after the 1970 fire
(photo supplied by Minard Coons)

Corriganville
General Store (photo supplied by Minard Coons)

Corriganville Sound Stage
Sound Stage behind hotel facade on right, second barn on left,
church/school house behind sound stage
(photo supplied by Gregg Anderson)

Corriganville
Silvertown in late 1961/early 1962

Corriganville
Aerial view of Silvertown from eastern side (from the Jerry Vance collection)