|The history of the Culver City Studio begins in September 1918 when Thomas Ince purchased the property from
Harry Culver. The Ince Studios were in business from 1919 to 1924. In 1925, Cecil B. DeMille acquired Ince's holdings.|
In 1928, RKO was created and took over the ownership of the Culver City property. In 1935, David O. Selznick leased the property from RKO for his Selznick International Pictures. In 1948, Howard Hughes purchased the property. In 1955, the General Tire and Rubber Company became the new owners, while in 1957, Desilu gained ownership of the lot. Paramount purchased the Desilu holdings in 1967 and sold off the Culver City property in 1968 to Perfect Film and Chemical. In 1969, OSF Industries Limited became the new owners; in 1977, Laird Industries; in 1986, Grant Tinker and Gannett Company; and finally in 1991, Sony Corporation.